Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting there




After only seven weeks of renovation work from the indominatable team of international amigos Daniel, Luis, Fernando.....and Dave we are entering the final stretch. This work has been interesting in that I have orchestrated it from 5ook away relying on the intuition of the team to follow through on my ideas. It has been relatively stress free with my frequent visits allowing me time to watch tradesmen in action working at full capacity with 11hour days the norm. I have also sent two vanloads of stuff from Vejer with, sinks, tables, taps, tiles, kitchen doors etc as the work demanded it. It all seemed to synchronise relatively sweetly and as I sit here typing the boys are finishing up the final week with Dave tidying up the last of the electrics and fitting kitchen doors whilst Daniel cleans up all rubble and rubish ready to concrete the back patio.
Its just as well they are nearly there as the bank valuer called to say he will be at the house at 9.30 tomorrow morning for a revalue of the house. I'm hoping he will be generous as I would like to pull out some equity to swell the ole bank balance in case the house takes a while to sell (its tricky in this current climate to know). One thing I have learnt is not to be greedy but to have a fair price. It has been enjoyable to renovate an old cortijo with beamed ceiling, old doors and a fireplace as well as buying all the bits and pieces for the bathroom and dressing up the place with furniture I had from Morocco and Spain.

It feels homely now but still needs the finishing touches, painting, stripping old doors and windows, planting for the patio etc but these can be accomplished on what I hope are monthly visits from Vejer. As well as this project of course there has been the other, my daughter Florence still residing in her Mums tum. I have been trying to get the house finished before the birth as I will obviously be seriously distracted then. So it has come to pass that the house will be finished on the 10th of September whilst Jane is booked in to be induced on the 12th, a close call!!

No comments:

Post a Comment